Early Bird Registration Closes 31 July
The inaugural Wounds Australia Conference committee planning is well and truly underway! We are very excited to announce international speakers including Prof David Armstrong, Director, Southern Arizona Limb Salvage Alliance, USA; Prof Amit Gefen, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Tel Aviv University, Israel; Dr David Keast, Chair of the International Wound Infection Institute, Canada and Prof David Margolis, Director Cutaneous Ulcer Program, Professor of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Professor of Dermatology, USA among our international speakers.
Closer to home we are thrilled to have the following speakers included in the programme:
- Dr Claire Campbell, Honorary Fellow, University of Melbourne, VIC
- Prof Keryln Carville, Silver Chain and Curtin University, WA
- Dr Phillip Clarke, Chair in Health Economics, School of Population and Global Health, University of Melbourne, VIC
- Dr John Crozier, Chair at National Trauma Committee Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, NSW
- Prof John Funder, Professor, Department of Medicine, Monash University, Professorial Associate, Centre for Neuroscience, The University of Melbourne, Honorary Professor, Institute of Molecular Biosciences, The University of Queensland, QLD
- Assoc Prof Mark Jackson, Griffith University, QLD
- Dr Bill McGuiness, Head of School, School of Nursing and Midwifery, La Trobe University and Head of the La Trobe Alfred Clinical School, Alfred Health, VIC
- Dr Rosana Norman, Senior Research Fellow, Queensland University of Technology, QLD
- Assoc Prof Jonathan Shaw, Head, Clinical Diabetes and Epidemiology Group, Baker IDI, VIC
- Assoc Prof Geoff Sussman OAM, Wound Consultant at Monash University, VIC
- Terry Swanson, Nurse Practitioner, South West Healthcare, VIC
- Dr Geoff Tymms, Orthopaedic Surgeon OPSMC, VIC
- Dr Carolina Weller, Senior Research Fellow, Department of Epidemiology & Preventive Medicine, Monash University, VIC
- Prof Fiona Wood, Head of Unit/Professor, Burn Injury Research Unit, The University of Western Australia, Western Australia
Victoria is thrilled to be hosting the Inaugural Wounds Australian Conference in Melbourne, 9-12 November 2016 at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
The program looks fantastic with many new and thought provoking topics including wounds in general practice, violet traumatic wounds and surgical site dehiscence as well as providing cutting edge research and where we are in the State of Play in wound management.
Our organising committee has been working for over 18 months to bring the conference together and what a dynamic and committed team they are! The full team has been meeting monthly since the announcement of the conference as well as attending multiple site visits and sub committees continue to work tirelessly on the scientific program, social events, budgeting and marketing to ensure our delegates are not only well informed but very well looked after. We have been beautifully supported by the truly professional team at Conference Logistics: Leanne, Sam and Nicole and are so very excited to be bringing this conference to you.
We have a few surprises up our sleeve to entertain you and hope that you enjoy the conference as much as we have enjoyed bringing it to you.
This will be a fantastic opportunity for you to update your knowledge, mix with international speakers, trade and delegates and what better place to enjoy this experience than Melbourne? The gateway to Victoria's world class wineries, natural springs and spectacular coastline, discover Melbourne’s secret laneways and rooftops, experience the cultural hub of Federation Square, the iconic MCG and the Nation stopping excitement of the Spring racing carnival. Join us to experience Melbourne's playful side from its creative exciting city centre, world class arts and cultural heritage and indulge in the richness and diversity of Melbourne’s food and wine.
Accommodation options abound for delegates ranging from resort-styled luxury, to charming boutique hotels and self-contained apartments.
If you have any questions in regards to the conference, please don't hesitate to contact the planning committee by emailing email@example.com.
Organising Committee Chair